Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Saxy Perspective




It was about a year ago when I first contacted Rob Kletsky about jamming with 3 in Counting. I had just graduated from NIU and one of my main goals besides finding a job, was to play sax in a band again. 3 in Counting first made sweet love to my ears at Walter Payton’s Roundhouse and that's when I noticed that notorious Rob "The Bob" Kletsky was in the band slapping some mad bass. Rob and I had been playing on and off every now and then and we also played in a band when we were in high school. We had also worked an odd delivery job at China Kitchen where Rob and I watched Cops on TV and made the occasional delivery, but mainly Cops. So I immediately contacted Rob and expressed my interest in maybe jamming sometime with 3 in Counting.
About a week later I started practing with 3 in Counting and met the rest of the guys. Eric "Disco" Csukor and his mad skills on tickling the ivories, Mike "Manfred Awesome" Hayes killing it with his awesome pipes and stringwork and Evan "The Percussionater" Behmer laying down some sick beats. These guys all bring together a unique sound with all of their various styles that came together and made the beautiful love child that is 3 in Counting.
I have been playing with 3IC for about a year now and I have to say I have been having the time of my life. 2010 was a great year for 3IC and I am very excited with the direction the band is going in. Our new songs we are working on just keep getting better and better. 3IC is certainly great bunch of musicians and I have certainly gained some friends for life. The hometown heroes and fans have been awesome as well and as we look forward to spring and summer there are certainly some exciting times ahead.

-Chris Hagerman

No comments:

Post a Comment