Friday, December 31, 2010

This is the year!!!

It is time to kiss 2010 goodbye and welcome in the new year 2011. 2010 was a great year for 3IC. With the addition of one Mr. Chris Hagerman on saxophone, our sound has blossomed into a unique and distinct eargasm, which most of you have had the pleasure of experiencing. I can honestly say Chris is now an honorary part of the team and one of my best friends for life. I have so many things I want to say and really dont know where to begin. I suppose I can start with our most recent accomplishment. I'm talking about our House of Blues debut appearance of course!! This show was single-handedly the best experience on stage I have ever had as well as most of the members of the band. The energy, the set-list, the crowd....everything about it went according to plan (which in this business is pretty rare hehe). I felt we were very well received by the crowd and definately expanded the 3IC fan base. However, this show was just the tip of the iceberg. I expect and look forward to many more shows just like this one in the future. The best way Mitch and I were able to describe it was "surreal". I remember going to multiple Kottonmouth Kings concerts as well as many others at the House of Blues Chicago, and now I am part of that culture. Playing the House of Blues is a memory I will never forget and can be checked off my bucket list as a dream come true.
Next on the list, Our first Full-Length Album titled "At The Edge", is finally finished and being released in 2011 on Jan. 22nd!!! We had contemplated many different venues in the Chicagoland area and finally we all agreed on The Double Door in Wicker Park. It is one of my favorite venues in the city and I expect the night will be very successfull. 3IC will be closing the night after a killer line-up that goes as follows. The Ryan Michaels Band (Nashville), The Aaron Williams Band, Stellar Road, then 3IC!!! We are very proud of the album and can't wait to debut some of the new un-heard tunes that are on it. Another reason why 2011 will be great for 3IC. NEW SONGS!!!
Which brings me to my next point. I have been a monster when it comes to writing and the boys would agree when I say the newer songs seem to be getting better and better and our style of writing has matured. We aren't limiting ourselves to any one specific style. It's with this attitude I was able to write the newest well-received song "Tangled Up".
The Mike & Eric Musical Explosion has been playing during the week now for a few months and things couldn't be looking any better. No matter the size of the crowd, we always have fun and everybody leaves saying "wow....those guys were great!" I can't thank our fans and anyone who supports local music enough. The Mike & Eric Musical Explosion will also be debuting as The E.L.M. Trio featuring Leah Pearl on Vocals in 2011. E=Eric L=Leah M=Mike....clever huh?!?! It's a play on words. Either way, I am always playing music whether it be by myself, with Eric, or with the entire group. Music is my life, my passion, and it's so great that the fans (you) allow me to do what I love to do.
2011!!! This is the YEAR!! We close 2010 out with a party bash at J.T's Porch in Lombard. A local place for our suburban following to jam out as we kiss 2010 goodbye. Thank you to our families and fans for believing in our cause. Thank you Chicago for the bears, the hawks, the bulls, the sox/cubs, and great pizza. Most importantly, thank you for making us feel great about what we do. We love you all, see you at The Double Door!!!
-Mike

ps
check out our recent episdoe of 3IC Vision:


...and a fan vid from the gig at the Chicago House of Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment